Thursday, March 19, 2009



Spring "Break"?

Um, I thought they call this week "Spring Break". I was expecting peace and quiet around my domain. But no, these are crazy times. Every day there seems to be an unusual arrival of folks who are busy checking out my kingdom and changing my territory. Today there was a large number of what they call "boy scouts" all being directed by someone named "Ben". They were all over the place digging, dragging, trimming, pounding. It was insufferable! At one point they thought they could chase me but I am way to fast for that silly game. I am so busy caring for the quail and dealing with the ducks that I really don't have time for these people. I am very stressed. Luckily a nice family stopped by and gave me some gold fish crackers. I love that! Anyhow, it appears there is much work going on at the nature center. I will tolerate it for a while but I do expect a "break" this spring!

No comments: